Rule to BCC recipients

Ricardo Francis hacking.in.progress at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 16:45:09 IST 2008

Hi list,

I'm running MailScanner-4.67.6-1 + Sendmail 8.14.xx + ClamAV and it has been
a great help to scan +200k mails.

Due to the high rate of email to unknown users (~80%), I had to change the
"Scan Messages" and "Virus Scanning" to rules file:

I've created a list of email addresses based on passwd + aliases file to
force scans on these email addresses only and, by default, the rest is not
scanned because they're being redirected to /dev/null .

The rule says:

To: user at domain.com yes

But email addresses in BCC are not checked at all.
Let's say a message enters the system TO user unknown at domain.com and to
validuser at domain.com in BCC. The message to unknown at domain.com is discarded
and the one to validuser at domain.com is delivered with no scan at all because
it did not match any rule to do it.

My question is, is there any way to include the BCC addresses in those rules
files?

Thanks and congratulations for the best mail filter around.
Ric.