MailScanner ignoring some rules

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 09:21:55 IST 2008

On 05/04/2008, Rick Cooper <rcooper at dwford.com> wrote:

> [...]
vim/emacs (yeah, I'm weird that way... I use either... equally
well...) can do that for me. As said, whatever works for you:-).
vi/vim is always there... no need to scp anything anywhere... just to
tap-tap-tap away...:-)

>  It's not a corporate thing that keeps me on windows so much as vendors. For
>  instance the 7 Ford Dealerships the company owns. Ford is totally in bed
>  with Microsoft products so without running windows a technician cannot even
>  access shop manuals or the online tech bulletins. Almost all our banking and
>  finance vendors use ActiveX over Java so there goes accounting and finance.
>  I bitch to vendors all the time because were it not for them there wouldn't
>  be a windows box in the company.
My users are heavily into Reuters, Bloomberg, SimCorp Dimension etc
etc (all big-wigs in the financial sector)... which are pretty much in
bed with M$ too. Frustrating, that... And the PHB has foisted (quite a
few years back) M-Sexchange on us... So in my case ... it is company
policy that decree I must do things this way. Sigh.
Compensating with a *lot* of alternative systems helps a bit though:-).

>  Interesting note, we have a older CRM application written in MS access that
>  used to keep the data files on a window based box and it was constantly
>  locking up and crashing daily, multiple times, with six ti seven users. They
67 or 6-7?

>  updated to windows XP, same thing. I moved the data to one of the Samba
>  servers and have never had a call yet in nearly three years, I almost forget
>  that department exists now.
:-)
Love your Samba... And it'll love you:-)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn