MailScanner ignoring some rules

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Sat Apr 5 01:29:22 IST 2008

Putty is a life saver in the windows world for sure. I do system maint and
such via putty but I like the syntax highlighting and block operations,
macros and so forth of a real programmer's editor and Boxer is just hands
down the best I have yet to see.

It's not a corporate thing that keeps me on windows so much as vendors. For
instance the 7 Ford Dealerships the company owns. Ford is totally in bed
with Microsoft products so without running windows a technician cannot even
access shop manuals or the online tech bulletins. Almost all our banking and
finance vendors use ActiveX over Java so there goes accounting and finance.
I bitch to vendors all the time because were it not for them there wouldn't
be a windows box in the company.

Interesting note, we have a older CRM application written in MS access that
used to keep the data files on a window based box and it was constantly
locking up and crashing daily, multiple times, with six ti seven users. They
updated to windows XP, same thing. I moved the data to one of the Samba
servers and have never had a call yet in nearly three years, I almost forget
that department exists now.

Rick

believed to be clean.