SA times out

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Apr 2 13:13:51 IST 2008

I'm getting a certain kind of Russian spam for some weeks now that always
gets thru unscanned because SA times out. So, I set the SA timeout from 30
to 120 seconds and it still times out. However, timing on the command line
shows that SA takes long for this kind of message (and it's a slow system
by today's figures, anyway), but not *that* long that it could hit this
limit. I takes about 1.4 minutes to process such a message, consistently.
That's well below 2 minutes.
So, why does MailScanner still let it time out?
MailScanner 4.54.6
SA 3.2.4
*no* network tests

mailscanner log shows only those timeouts, nothing else. I guess I would
need to add more verbose logging, but then I would get logging for *all*
messages, right?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany