MailScanner Broke on both Fedora Core 6 & 7

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Oct 4 14:08:56 IST 2007

Hugo,

Come on man, relax. This guy's got himself into a tight corner and I
think you have already made that perfectly clear. It doesn't help him
solve the problem he's got. Let's concentrate on getting him going
again, I'm sure he has learned his lesson after your detailed explanations.

Thanks,
Jules.

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Vernon Webb wrote:
>
>> > To be honest. Running production level machines on Fedora is not
>> worth the
>> > problems you get down the road.
>>
>> No offence and this may well be a good debate, when someone is NOT
>> dealing with issues as I am now. Personally I find it analogous to
>> kicking a man when he is
>> down. As someone else mentioned I have had minor issues to date and
>> have been running Fedora Core and Red Hat back to version 3 and
>> rarely have had issues.
>
> You may need the kick if you are trying to stand up leaning on a bad
> stick. Either fix issues on a string of incidents or choose a path
> with less incidents. If you need the machine you need stablility. Go
> with FC6 if you like but do not expect stability like one will see
> with enterprise oriented distro's.
>
> I have seen my share of shitty issues with FC and learned from it. So
> it is up to you to learn it the hard way yourself by continueing on
> this path or take someone's word for it while you hit your first
> serious bump on a road I feel will lead you to more trouble.
>
> Hugo.

Jules

- --
Julian Field MEng CITP