MailScanner Broke on both Fedora Core 6 & 7

Anthony Cartmell ajcartmell at fonant.com
Thu Oct 4 13:14:04 IST 2007

> You may need the kick if you are trying to stand up leaning on a bad
> stick. Either fix issues on a string of incidents or choose a path with
> less incidents. If you need the machine you need stablility. Go with FC6
> if you like but do not expect stability like one will see with
> enterprise oriented distro's.

FC6 is perfectly stable enough in my experience :)  This discussion is
merely about whether one should upgrade your OS every two years or so, or
every five years or so.  Whichever route you choose you are likely to have
upgrade problems sooner or later. The same goes for updates, you can run
yum every night, or once a week, or never. Each has its benefits and its
disadvantages.

There are probably a few people who don't upgrade to every new MailScanner
release, preferring to stick with the stable one from several years ago ;)

Cheers!

Anthony
--
www.fonant.com - Quality web sites