MailScanner Broke on both Fedora Core 6 & 7

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu Oct 4 13:35:52 IST 2007

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Vernon Webb wrote:

> > You may need the kick if you are trying to stand up leaning on a bad
> > stick. Either fix issues on a string of incidents or choose a path with
> > less incidents. If you need the machine you need stablility. Go with FC6
> > if you like but do not expect stability like one will see with enterprise
> > oriented distro's.
> >
> > I have seen my share of shitty issues with FC and learned from it. So it
> > is up to you to learn it the hard way yourself by continueing on this path
> > or take someone's word for it while you hit your first serious bump on a
> > road I feel will lead you to more trouble.
>
> Again, you may be right you may not, at this stage of the game a resolution is needed, not a kick in the head.

The solution is to dump an unstable system. Or go and revoke your updates.

At present yo have not provided any information to go on. Except that you
run some version of MailScanner on FC6 and it is not working somehow. How
much information is that to solve a problem?

Hugo.

 	(Thanks JFK, for this quote of George Bernard Shaw.)