Too messages in Hold folder when spamassassin is activated in MailScanner

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Nov 29 22:17:21 GMT 2007

on 11/29/2007 1:44 PM Israel Garcia spake the following:
> Well, I have to tell you I'm continuing with the same problem with too
> many messages in HOLD folder and a terrible delay (sometimes 1 hour) and
> because the way my company works it's not allowed to keep messages for
> more than 10 min... I have to remember that when I disable spamassassin
> in mailscanner everything is fine... There's no dough the cause of my
> problem is the high traffic in my connection to Internet and SA and DNS
> timeouts. I was thinking in change  SA for another anti-spam ..I read
> about Dspam ( www.nuclearelephant.com
> <http://www.nuclearelephant.com>).. and I want to ask the list if Dspam
> can be integrated with mailscanner...Any ideas?
Have you tried all the ways of slowing your bandwidth use for mail?
Limiting connections, blocking spamming IP's at the mta or firewall,
blacklists at mta, etc?

Dns shouldn't need all that much bandwidth, as you can run many lookups over a
dialup connection. Maybe you need to slow some of the other bandwidth uses at
your site. Maybe use QOS or other traffic shaping to leave more headroom for
your critical apps.
--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and