Recipient verification to Exchange milter

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 09:21:50 GMT 2007

Hi Peter,

shuttlebox <shuttlebox at gmail.com> wrote: On Nov 29, 2007 7:05 AM, Michael Mansour  wrote:
> Where at the moment an admin has to define and manage a separate conf file
> per recipient checked domain (and a socket), the new version will just use
> sendmail's mailertable to query the remote smtp server (which should also
> work for multiple remote smtp queries for failover).

That's exactly what I don't want :-) , I hope they keep the current
behavior as an option. I have a setup with external MTA:s using
greylisting and so on forwarding to internal MTA:s running MailScanner
and then on to Exchange. Therefor it doesn't work with mailertable
since it would try my MailScanner servers instead of Exchange. I have
long looked for an alternative where I could specify the mailbox
server myself but every software available seemed to use mailertable.
Well you'll be happy to hear it is optional :)

The feature is already available in 1.3.1 but can't query different remote hosts in that version, only one. In 1.3.1 it's also optional (I don't use that mailertable option in 1.3.1 but intend to use it in the next versions).

Regards,

Michael.
--
/peter