Recipient verification to Exchange milter

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Tue Nov 27 22:28:53 GMT 2007

donald.dawson at bakerbotts.com wrote:
> Please let me know you experience with an Exchange email recipient
> verification tool (e.g. milter to sendmail).
>
> Below are some versions I know of.  Any success, problems or input
> regarding this list, or others you might know of?
>
> We are running four inbound MX servers with sendmail version 8.14.1, MS
> version 4.62.9 and SA version 3.002002.
>
> Pay Version:
>
> _http://spamfree.ru/spamfree/_ - $299 enterprise
>
> Free versions:
>
> _http://www.five-ten-sg.com/dnsbl/rn01re01.html_
>
> _http://spamlinks.net/filter-server-addon.htm#sendmail_
>
> _http://smfs.sourceforge.net/smf-sav.html_ - free version of
> spamfree.ru/spamfree
>
> _http://www.milter.info/sendmail/milter-ahead/_ - previous experience
> with milter-null was frustrating since it took so long to update LibSnert.

Note: milter-ahead isn't free, it's one of 4 of the snertsoft milters that costs
money. a site license is 90 euros:

http://www.snertsoft.com/download.php

You might also wish to read this thread about sms-sav vs milter-ahead:

http://search.gmane.org/?query=OT%3A+performance+smf-sav+vs+milter-ahead&group=gmane.mail.virus.mailscanner