Too messages in Hold folder when spamassassin is activated in MailScanner

Israel Garcia igalvarez at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 21:37:08 GMT 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 4:13 PM, Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27/11/2007, Israel Garcia <igalvarez at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Nov 27, 2007 1:11 PM, UxBoD <uxbod at splatnix.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Well ASN is hashed out in your v320 pre file but is still active in
> the
> > v310 file.
> > What does it means?
> That you should comment it out in the v310.pre file too;-)
> Then restart MS (with SA) and see if that cures it.

DONE!!.. I restarted now.. let see now :-) .. two questions, which is the
difference in init.pre,  v310.pre, v310.pre and v320.pre files? What is ASN?
thanks a lot glenn..:-)

> > >  We process over 100k messages a day on a 256k line so no real worries
> > there.  You say a high percentage of your traffic is SMTP, how are you
> > identifying that ?
> >
> > I can see the traffic in my WAN network using a cisco router/netflow
> > collector.
> >
> > > Are you performing any sort of packet shaping or QoS then ?
> > No
> > >  It does sound to me like DNS timeouts when performing lookups, as
> others
> > have also said.
> > Well, I use a only caching dns (caching-nameserver-7.3-3)
> > >  If you set the list of RBLs to check to blank in MailScanner.confdoes
> > the problem disappear ?
> > Do you mean thie line:
> > Spam List = #ORDB-RBL SBL+XBL spamcop.net NJABL SORBS #
> Ok, that's empty then.
>
> > When the problem disappear is when I set:
> > Use Spamassassin = no
> > and restart mailscanner...
>
> If you run "MailScanner --debug --debug-sa", or just a normal
> "spamassassin -D -t </path/to/some/test/message", do you see any ...
> very noticeable ... "pauses"? And if so, where?

Well, I ran  MailScanner --debug --debug-sa and I see no errors.. BUT it
takes so long.. I mean  several minutes (20 or 30 minutes) :-(

regards
israel

> > thanks in advance
> > Israel
> >

> Cheers
> --
> -- Glenn
> email: glenn < dot > steen < at > gmail < dot > com
> work: glenn < dot > steen < at > ap1 < dot > se

Regards;
Israel Garcia