Too messages in Hold folder when spamassassin is activated in MailScanner

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 21:13:48 GMT 2007

On 27/11/2007, Israel Garcia <igalvarez at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 27, 2007 1:11 PM, UxBoD <uxbod at splatnix.net> wrote:
>
> > Well ASN is hashed out in your v320 pre file but is still active in the
> v310 file.
> What does it means?
That you should comment it out in the v310.pre file too;-)
Then restart MS (with SA) and see if that cures it.

> >  We process over 100k messages a day on a 256k line so no real worries
> there.  You say a high percentage of your traffic is SMTP, how are you
> identifying that ?
>
> I can see the traffic in my WAN network using a cisco router/netflow
> collector.
>
> > Are you performing any sort of packet shaping or QoS then ?
> No
> >  It does sound to me like DNS timeouts when performing lookups, as others
> have also said.
> Well, I use a only caching dns (caching-nameserver-7.3-3)
> >  If you set the list of RBLs to check to blank in MailScanner.conf does
> the problem disappear ?
> Do you mean thie line:
> Spam List = #ORDB-RBL SBL+XBL spamcop.net NJABL SORBS #
Ok, that's empty then.

> When the problem disappear is when I set:
> Use Spamassassin = no
> and restart mailscanner...

If you run "MailScanner --debug --debug-sa", or just a normal
"spamassassin -D -t </path/to/some/test/message", do you see any ...
very noticeable ... "pauses"? And if so, where?

> thanks in advance
> Israel

Cheers
--