Postfix vs MailScanner : Slow Incoming Queue

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 21:41:27 GMT 2007

On 10/11/2007, Drew Marshall <drew.marshall at technologytiger.net> wrote:
> On 10 Nov 2007, at 10:48, Glenn Steen wrote:
>
> > On 10/11/2007, Drew Marshall <drew.marshall at technologytiger.net>
> > wrote:
> >>

> >> On 9 Nov 2007, at 22:50, R Wahyudi wrote:
> >> I did  ..
> >> http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2007-11/0364.html
> >>
> >> Anyway .. I am still curious to know if this is the default
> >> MailScanner -
> >> postfix behavior ie : you have to wait for
> >> qmgr to respawn to be able to deliver message from incoming queue ??
> >> Evening all, been far too long since I have posted (Been stupidly
> >> busy :-( )
> >>
> >> I would suggest you want to check your Delivery method option at
> >> the bottom
> >> MailScanner.conf and make sure it is batch and not queue. Setting
> >> it to
> >> queue would invoke this behaviour. Changing the queue runner
> >> settings should
> >> not be required. The queue running is called by Postfix when each
> >> process
> >> finishes to advise the next to run. The 300 second delay is merely
> >> to catch
> >> anything that 'got left behind'.
> >>
> >> Drew
> > The word of reason returnes!
> > Glad to see you Drew!
>
> Thanks Glenn. Hope you are keeping well?
>
> Drew

Well enough, I guess.... I'll look nice in the coffin, eventually:-):-)
The work is pretty gruesome though... Just keeps piling up...
Ah well, that's what being alive is about I guess, keeping busy:).

Am on some new meds now, which actually seem to work
(azatioprin/Imurel... Immunosuppressant that keeps the bone marrow
fromproducing too much white bloodcells... seems to have "cured"
me:-), so that is looking really good.

What's been keeping you busy then?

Cheers
--