Postfix vs MailScanner : Slow Incoming Queue

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at technologytiger.net
Sat Nov 10 19:01:36 GMT 2007

On 10 Nov 2007, at 10:48, Glenn Steen wrote:

> On 10/11/2007, Drew Marshall <drew.marshall at technologytiger.net>
> wrote:
>>

>> On 9 Nov 2007, at 22:50, R Wahyudi wrote:
>> I did  ..
>> http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2007-11/0364.html
>>
>> Anyway .. I am still curious to know if this is the default
>> MailScanner -
>> postfix behavior ie : you have to wait for
>> qmgr to respawn to be able to deliver message from incoming queue ??
>> Evening all, been far too long since I have posted (Been stupidly
>> busy :-( )
>>
>> I would suggest you want to check your Delivery method option at
>> the bottom
>> MailScanner.conf and make sure it is batch and not queue. Setting
>> it to
>> queue would invoke this behaviour. Changing the queue runner
>> settings should
>> not be required. The queue running is called by Postfix when each
>> process
>> finishes to advise the next to run. The 300 second delay is merely
>> to catch
>> anything that 'got left behind'.
>>
>> Drew
> The word of reason returnes!
> Glad to see you Drew!

Thanks Glenn. Hope you are keeping well?

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by Technology Tiger in association with Mail Launder.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ