Postfix vs MailScanner : Slow Incoming Queue

Jay Chandler lists at sequestered.net
Wed Nov 7 01:00:02 GMT 2007

R Wahyudi wrote:

> But their replay was short and sweet :
>
>     'Nuff said, you are using Mailscanner. Stop using Mailscanner and the
>     problem will go away. Mailscanner has a long history of causing various
>     similar issues, it is not supported here.

Ah, the sweet smell of misleading bullshit.

I've been running Postfix with MailScanner for two years, both here and as a
University mail handler for half a million messages a day.

No worries.

Latest versions of both are ALWAYS a good plan, but past that I've never seen an
instance of corruption or delay based on this model.
--
Jay Chandler / KB1JWQ
Living Legend / Systems Exorcist