ClamAV Module Core Dump

René Berber r.berber at computer.org
Tue May 1 22:23:47 IST 2007

Drew Marshall wrote:

> Ok another challenge that I hope you can help with. I am running a
> FreeBSD 6 box that I have just upgraded to ClamAV 0.90.2 which was
> upgraded from the ports tree. Knowing there can be issues, I also forced
> an update (Which in effect recompiles) of the Clam perl module.

Which version of Mail::ClamAV?  your long list below doesn't include it, version
0.20 is required.

Did you also run ldconfig? (required when installing clamav-0.90.2)

> Restarted MailScanner and ever since MS core dumps. I can run MS using
> ClamAV only but it makes quite a performance hit so I want to get t
> reinstalled ASAP.

You can also use clamd/clamdscan with the new beta version of MS or with a few
changes to the version you have.

> Running in debug mode, I helpfully get:
>
> root at mx1 /usr/local/etc/MailScanner # mailscanner --debug
> In Debugging mode, not forking...
> Segmentation fault

Do you have a core file?  can you run the debugger on it?

> /var/log/messages gets:
>
> May  1 20:34:14 mx1 kernel: pid 43095 (perl5.8.8), uid 0: exited on
> signal 11 (core dumped)
>
> Again no clues that I can see. Can any one give me some ideas where to
> start with this?
>
> For the record:
>
> This is MailScanner version 4.58.9
René Berber