ClamAV Module Core Dump

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Tue May 1 22:35:07 IST 2007

On 1 May 2007, at 22:23, René Berber wrote:

> Drew Marshall wrote:
>
>> Ok another challenge that I hope you can help with. I am running a
>> FreeBSD 6 box that I have just upgraded to ClamAV 0.90.2 which was
>> upgraded from the ports tree. Knowing there can be issues, I also
>> forced an update (Which in effect recompiles) of the Clam perl
>> module.
>
> Which version of Mail::ClamAV?  your long list below doesn't
> include it, version 0.20 is required.

It is version 0.20, I forgot that it core dumped while trying to even
list it.

> Did you also run ldconfig? (required when installing clamav-0.90.2)

As part of the ports build process, I believe so. I normally just
portupgrade and sit back and wait.

>> Restarted MailScanner and ever since MS core dumps. I can run MS
>> using ClamAV only but it makes quite a performance hit so I want
>> to get t reinstalled ASAP.
>
> You can also use clamd/clamdscan with the new beta version of MS or
> with a few changes to the version you have.

True.

>> Running in debug mode, I helpfully get:
>> root at mx1 /usr/local/etc/MailScanner # mailscanner --debug
>> In Debugging mode, not forking...
>> Segmentation fault
>
> Do you have a core file?  can you run the debugger on it?

No, I can't find the damn thing. I would have expected it to drop
into the directory that either I was in or MS was running in and
neither (Unless MS is cleaning it up when starting/ failing).

Thanks for your help.

Drew
--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by the Technology Tiger MailScanner.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ