ClamAV Module Core Dump

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Tue May 1 21:56:54 IST 2007

Hi all

Ok another challenge that I hope you can help with. I am running a
FreeBSD 6 box that I have just upgraded to ClamAV 0.90.2 which was
upgraded from the ports tree. Knowing there can be issues, I also
forced an update (Which in effect recompiles) of the Clam perl
module. Restarted MailScanner and ever since MS core dumps. I can run
MS using ClamAV only but it makes quite a performance hit so I want
to get t reinstalled ASAP.

Running in debug mode, I helpfully get:

root at mx1 /usr/local/etc/MailScanner # mailscanner --debug
In Debugging mode, not forking...
Segmentation fault

/var/log/messages gets:

May  1 20:34:14 mx1 kernel: pid 43095 (perl5.8.8), uid 0: exited on
signal 11 (core dumped)

Again no clues that I can see. Can any one give me some ideas where
to start with this?

For the record:

This is MailScanner version 4.58.9
Module versions are:
1.00    AnyDBM_File
1.18    Archive::Zip
1.04    Carp
1.119   Convert::BinHex
1.00    DirHandle
1.05    Fcntl
2.74    File::Basename
2.09    File::Copy
2.01    FileHandle
1.08    File::Path
0.18    File::Temp
0.92    Filesys::Df
1.35    HTML::Entities
3.56    HTML::Parser
2.37    HTML::TokeParser
1.22    IO
1.13    IO::File
1.13    IO::Pipe
1.74    Mail::Header
3.07    MIME::Base64
5.420   MIME::Decoder
5.420   MIME::Decoder::UU
5.420   MIME::Head
5.420   MIME::Parser
3.07    MIME::QuotedPrint
5.420   MIME::Tools
0.11    Net::CIDR
1.09    POSIX
1.78    Socket
1.4     Sys::Hostname::Long
0.13    Sys::Syslog
1.9707  Time::HiRes
1.02    Time::localtime

Optional module versions are:
0.17    Convert::TNEF
1.814   DB_File
1.13    DBD::SQLite
1.54    DBI
1.15    Digest
1.01    Digest::HMAC
2.36    Digest::MD5
2.11    Digest::SHA1
0.44    Inline
Segmentation fault (core dumped)  #(It really doesn't like the ClamAV
module, which I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no effect.)

TIA

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by the Technology Tiger MailScanner.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ