Different Send/Receive Virus Notifications?

Paul Hutchings paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 19:53:37 CEST 2007

I couldn't see a way to disable recipient notification completely, only
to disable sender notification?

My logic behind wanting to notify anyone on our network who MailScanner
detected an outbound virus from is that:

Our Firewall only allows outbound smtp from our Exchange server so it
should be the only thing talking to the relay from our network.
Our Exchange server only allows authenticated SMTP so in theory a
worm/virus shouldn't be able to get it to accept and relay mail?
Because of this it would have to be a MAPI virus sent via Outlook which
would not allow the Sender "From" address to be faked.
We have very well regarded A/V on the Exchange server so I would hope
it's never going to happen to begin with :)

Not sure if anyone here uses Exchange/Outlook but that was the thinking
behind it.