Trouble with Mailscanner and Postfix 2.2.10

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 19:36:48 CET 2007

On 24/03/07, patrik <patrik at chorus.com.br> wrote:

> Hi people.
>

> This is my first time in that list.
>

> Please i´m having the next trouble I sent a mail to destination and the
> system receive the messages MailScanner start to look for virus with
> deferred but he didn't deliver the message to mail box, it remains at
> /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming.

Don't tell me you are using the _very deprecated_ defer method (and
two instances of Postfix)?
You should be using the HOLD method (one instance of Postfix).
Look at http://www.mailscanner.info/postfix.html and
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=&idx=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix
(especially the howto subsection has a lot of good things, and there
are some nice notes in the install wiki document).

> It happens with incoming and outgoing messages.
>

> I could note that its happens when I use Postfix 2.2 or high, if I use
> postfix 2.1.x no problem everything works fine.

MailScanner with the HOLD method works flawlessly with pretty much any
version of postfox, especially the 2.2.x versions.

> Now I'am using Centos 4.4 kernel 2.6.9-42, Postfix 2.2.10,
> MailScanner-4.58.9-1.

Which is a very supported combo, provided you use the HOLD method.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn