Trouble with Mailscanner and Postfix 2.2.10

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sat Mar 24 19:45:50 CET 2007

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 15:00:34 -0300
"patrik" <patrik at chorus.com.br> wrote:

> This is my first time in that list.
>
> Please i´m having the next trouble I sent a mail to destination and
> the system receive the messages MailScanner start to look for virus
> with deferred but he didn’t deliver the message to mail box, it
> remains at /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming.
>
> It happens with incoming and outgoing messages.
>
> I could note that its happens when I use Postfix 2.2 or high, if I use
> postfix 2.1.x no problem everything works fine.
>
> Now I’am using Centos 4.4 kernel 2.6.9-42, Postfix 2.2.10,
> MailScanner-4.58.9-1.

This sounds more like a poorly configured postfix problem. Since my
crystal ball is broken, and you failed to post any config files; i.e.,
for starters the output of: 'postconf -n', helping you is not really an
option.

You undoubtedly know that your version of Postfix is obsolete.
Postfix-2.4 is due on or about April 1. You might be well served to
update to that version.

In addition, have you tried posting this problem on the 'postfix'
forum. If yo are not a member, just follow these instructions:

	majordomo at postfix.org

Place in body of message (not subject):

	subscribe postfix-users

If you do post there, you MUST include the out put of 'postconf -n',
both from the working configuration and the broken one, as well as the
relevant portions of your maillog.

HTH

--
Gerard

	WARNING TO ALL PERSONNEL:

Firings will continue until morale improves.