Additional recipients within same lose mail when quarantined/released...

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 22:39:34 CET 2007

On 15/03/07, am.lists <am.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/15/07, am. lists <am.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Actually, a second init 6 seems to have things moving again.
> >
> > I notice 200+ files in /var/spool/postfix.in/hold -- I'm guessing it's
> > safe to simply cp them over to /var/spool/postfix/hold and be
> > processed?
> >
> > Angelo
> >

> Update. Yes, moving the ...hold/* files over worked... once I chown'ed
> them back to postfix.
Good.
> All is up and running again.  Still want to get this mod in place
> though. If someone ever wants to release a quarantined file that was
> sent to multiple recipients, I'm currently SOL until I have this
> fixed.
As I mentioned earlier, there are some kind of patches floating around
(on the MailWatch list, IIRC) that kind of try to solve this "at the
other end", but I'm not sure what state they're in, or if they would
completely solve your problem.

I'm too tired today to do the wiki rewrite (it'll probably have to
wait to the weekend, way to much Real Work, revving up for our big
trip (going to Singapore & Malaysia in a couple of weeks... Just for
R&R! No work for two weeks! I wonder if my system can take it:-)...
And so does the PHB... And my retiring (not in nature, he's really
going off to pasture) DBA has dumped all Oracle on me, so ... things
are pretty intense ATM:-)), but I'll look at it as soon as humanely
possible. I'm toying with a "one instance/three smtp-handlers" idea or
so, that might appeal to everyone a bit more, but that would need some
real testing, and testing take time, so ... We'll see.

I still think you could get this going, but best would be if you have
a "throwaway testbed" to play around on first:). Always a good idea to
have, for testing new versions of MailScanner, SA etc.

> Thanks, Glenn, for your dedication to this.
My pleasure!

Cheers
--
-- Glenn