Spam score is negative, yet message is still marked as spam

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Mon Mar 12 18:40:19 CET 2007

Gerard Seibert wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:01:10 +0530
> Dhawal Doshy <dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com> wrote:
>
>> 2.4 is still a release candidate.. btw devel for 2.4 started late
>> last year (post a stable milter implementation in 2.3.3).. what are
>> your sources for a 2.4 beta releases for over a year??
>>
>> i am sure you do that for every part of your distro.. run the latest
>> beta for everything.. right? some of us have better things to do than
>> wget whatever.tgz, tar xzf whatever.tgz,cd whatever, ./conifgure,
>> make, make install.. for every package in $DISTRO.
>
> I am using FreeBSD-6.2 presently. The updating of the port, in this

Why 6.2 and not 7.0-CURRENT?? you only need to answer this question to
yourself.. anyways there was a nice reply by Viktor on the postfix list
today in reference to postfix versions, which does validate your point
of view as well but at the same time says 'whatever rocks your boat' (as
Glenn puts it), i'll paste the URL here for convenience..

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.user/160371

While running the latest/greatest does have its advantages.. if an older
version does fit the requirements, then there is no urge/reason to
upgrade.. Finally if your distro (say rhel for instance) backports
important fixes, all the more reason to not run bleeding-edge and stick
to distro-stable. For some the thrill lies in latest/greatest, for
others the thrill is in stability (dealing with the known devil)..

whatever rocks your boat.. ;-)