dealing with dictionary attacks

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Mar 10 22:53:49 CET 2007

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Glenn Steen wrote:

>> SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>> you will ruin my reputation if u say things like that, and i'll deny
>> it of course !!@!  :)
> Res, something seems to be up with your keaboard... Consider swapping
> it for a new one:-)

lol

>> > And we know he is the evil bunny of Monty Pythonian fame... Now, where
>> > did I put that Holy Handgranede...;-)
>>
>> I pinched it, I just lobbed it at time.nist.gov   3 times today its set
>> some of our servers to 1998 and some to 2032!
>> So if anyone uses them, just be careful, I've since changed to denmark,
>> and its so far been fine.

> Res, set up more time servers. Never ever rely on one NTP source. IIRC
> the recommendation is to use three disjunct sets at least (look at
> http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Servers/NTPPoolServers ... Yeah yeah, you
> knew that already:-).

I do :)  use time.nist.gov time-a.nist.gov and time-b.nist.gov

now I use 3 non-us ones, the momenty i changed to primary denmark serer
all servers returned to real time, and I don't use pool, I use Stratum 1
servers.
> While you're looking into the future weather... Could you tell me how
> it'll be in Singapore and on Tioman island (Malaysia) the first two
> weeks in April? :-)

Sorry, teleported back about 20 mins later ):

--
Cheers
Res

Let Novell known what you think of their back door deal with the devil.
Sign the petition today:   http://techp.org/p/1/