dealing with dictionary attacks

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Sat Mar 10 18:38:39 CET 2007

Glenn Steen wrote:
> On 09/03/07, Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Rick Chadderdon wrote:
>>
>> > Res wrote:
> (snip)
>> > variety of reasons.  I don't call people who choose any of those (or
>> > other) servers names, although I could certainly think of some for
>> > people who insist on using either sendmail or qmail.  (Bendmail
>> > weenies?  Nah, too derivative...  :P )
>>
>> You are new around here arnt ya :)  its rendmaul, akin to postmix, can't
>> say I've seen another name for qmail tho, its been a long time standing
>> joke between a few of us.
>>
>> Glenn:  What should we call qmail ?? we gota have a nick for it ;)
> Unlike Rendmaul and Postmix, qmail isn't that readily .... renamed....
> Then  again, since the Q stand for quirky, perhaps one don't need
> to:-). I haven't sampled enough amber stuff yet for the really whacky
> suggestions to start flowing:-):-)...

I love qmail, I can do things with qmail I can't do with any other MTA,
it makes a wunnerful toaster. But, and I gotta say it even though I
don't think the rumours are true, it should be nick'd "patchmail", just
because everyone thinks it takes 200k of source and 6gb of diffs to
install it ;^)

DAve

Veterans?