dealing with dictionary attacks

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Mar 10 02:59:15 CET 2007

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Glenn Steen wrote:

>> Glenn:  What should we call qmail ?? we gota have a nick for it ;)

> Unlike Rendmaul and Postmix, qmail isn't that readily .... renamed....
> Then  again, since the Q stand for quirky, perhaps one don't need
> to:-). I haven't sampled enough amber stuff yet for the really whacky
> suggestions to start flowing:-):-)...

> Oh, and Rick... Chill out, take a $TEMPERATURE $BEVERAGE... Res is
> nice guy under the prickly surface... He just hasn't seen the light
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
you will ruin my reputation if u say things like that, and i'll deny
it of course !!@!  :)

never!!@!#!! already tried it, was more cumfy with rendmaul and quirky :)

> And we know he is the evil bunny of Monty Pythonian fame... Now, where
> did I put that Holy Handgranede...;-)

I pinched it, I just lobbed it at time.nist.gov   3 times today its set
some of our servers to 1998 and some to 2032!
So if anyone uses them, just be careful, I've since changed to denmark,
and its so far been fine.

First I knew was when i got an alert for pop3 daemon down, i thought that
couldnt be right, logs said killing itself for some silly time, and yes
date confirmed it, the news server also hissy fitted wouldnt let anyone
connect saying invalid key year, sendmail and mailscanner ( to stay on
topic :P ) were happily accepting and processing mail, every server was
slackware, thought it was a bug, but then checked date on my RH desktop
and yes, I was magically teleported into 2032, i can tell you in the
year 2032, 9th of November, in Brisbane Australia, it will be 32 celcius,
overcast and 88% humidity :)

--
Cheers
Res

"If I lay here, If I just lay here, would you lay with with me and just forget the world?"