dealing with dictionary attacks

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 01:29:25 CET 2007

On 09/03/07, Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Rick Chadderdon wrote:
>
> > Res wrote:
(snip)
> > variety of reasons.  I don't call people who choose any of those (or
> > other) servers names, although I could certainly think of some for
> > people who insist on using either sendmail or qmail.  (Bendmail
> > weenies?  Nah, too derivative...  :P )
>
> You are new around here arnt ya :)  its rendmaul, akin to postmix, can't
> say I've seen another name for qmail tho, its been a long time standing
> joke between a few of us.
>
> Glenn:  What should we call qmail ?? we gota have a nick for it ;)
Unlike Rendmaul and Postmix, qmail isn't that readily .... renamed....
Then  again, since the Q stand for quirky, perhaps one don't need
to:-). I haven't sampled enough amber stuff yet for the really whacky
suggestions to start flowing:-):-)...

Oh, and Rick... Chill out, take a $TEMPERATURE $BEVERAGE... Res is
nice guy under the prickly surface... He just hasn't seen the light
(yet) :-D
And we know he is the evil bunny of Monty Pythonian fame... Now, where
did I put that Holy Handgranede...;-)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn