duplicate emails being generated from outbound mailscanner queue

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Mar 8 16:46:47 CET 2007

Gordon Colyn a écrit :
> ITNT Banner CampaignI have an intermittent problem with my Mailscanner at
> the moment with emails larger than 2mb.  The mail will sit in the outbound
> queue and Mailscanner will continually attempt to deliver the email without
> success, getting a deferred timeout error.  On the receiving server however
> the mail is accepted each time and delivered to the users mailbox creating a
> duplicate mail at each attempt until the email is deleted from the
> Mailscanner queue.  Both servers are on the same lan and subnet.
>
> I am running;
> Mandriva 2006
> MailScanner 4.57.6
> sendmail 8.13.4
> clamav 0.87
>
> This server is delivering to a Mandrake 10.1 server with sendmail 8.13.1
>
> How can I sort this problem out?

Gordon,

If the mails are in the outqueue then MS has done its job and it is now
sendmail's job to deliver them.  So look into sendmail config instead of
MS'.  Any hints in your maillog?

Denis

--
   _