duplicate emails being generated from outbound mailscanner queue

Gordon Colyn gordon at itnt.co.za
Thu Mar 8 16:07:21 CET 2007

ITNT Banner CampaignI have an intermittent problem with my Mailscanner at
the moment with emails larger than 2mb.  The mail will sit in the outbound
queue and Mailscanner will continually attempt to deliver the email without
success, getting a deferred timeout error.  On the receiving server however
the mail is accepted each time and delivered to the users mailbox creating a
duplicate mail at each attempt until the email is deleted from the
Mailscanner queue.  Both servers are on the same lan and subnet.

I am running;
Mandriva 2006
MailScanner 4.57.6
sendmail 8.13.4
clamav 0.87

This server is delivering to a Mandrake 10.1 server with sendmail 8.13.1

How can I sort this problem out?

Regards
Gordon Colyn
InTheNet Technologies
www.itnt.co.za
MSN: gordoncolyn at hotmail.com
SKYPE: gordoncolyn
086 123 ITNT (4868)
086 682 5204 (Fax)
+27 (0)83 296 7534
Confidentiality: This e-mail including any attachments is intended for the
above named addressee(s) only and contains confidential information. If you
have received this email in error you must take no action based on its
contents, nor must you reproduce or show the e-mail or any attachments or
any part thereof or communicate the contents to anyone; please reply to the
sender of this e-mail informing them of the error.
Viruses: We recommend that in keeping with good computing practice the
recipient should ensure that e-mails received are virus free before opening.