dealing with dictionary attacks

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu Mar 8 07:38:17 CET 2007

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Res wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Ed Bruce wrote:
>
>>  Why is only Postfix discussions being asked to take it off list. I see
>>  many topics about sendmail, clamav, and spamassassin.
>
> We chip em when we see em, SA is close related to MS, a damned sight more
> than postfix, majority of MTA issues are completely unrelated to this list
> and should never be posted here, it is done because people are lazy to google
> or too lazy to sub to another list.
>
> The frequence of postfix related topics is high for obvious reasons, those
> using sendmail, qmail and exim rarely have problems, PF is a higher
> maintenance MTA for users of MS compared to the formers.

Having run sendmail for a long time I beg to differ. Before one masters
the MC config files to build a sane sendmail config you need to jump
through at least as many hoops as one has to do with postfix.

I can now do things with postfix I could not do as easily with sendmail.
(If at all.)

Hugo.

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)