Increase in Spam getting through today?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Wed Mar 7 14:17:38 CET 2007

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Paul Houselander wrote:

> Just a quick one, weve had a massive increase in spam getting through today,
> lots of stock ones, I wondered if anyone else was seeing the same?
>
> There scoring 0 even though they look very spammy to me.
>
> There defintly not timing out and im still stopping a large amount of spam.
> I cant figure out if spammers have all of a sudden got very clever at
> bypassing spamassasin or if something is wrong with my filters!
>
> I use Spamassasin 3.1.7, sa-update, rules_du_jour, fuzzyocr, DCC, Pyzor and
> Razor and Bayes is enabled.
>
> Ive run spamassasin -t -D < message on several of the messages and DCC is
> firing now (but only DCC), so I know Spamassasin is being run on the message
> but no other rules are being hit!

Sounds like your SA database is polutted.

In my experience it is wise to keep a sample set op SPAM and HAM messages
at hand. (both just over 200 examples)

Then kill your bayesian database and relearn.

I find that afetr such an action filtering with SpamAssassin is much more
accurate on all messages.

Hugo.

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)