implementing SPF, which milter?

Chris Yuzik itdept at fractalweb.com
Fri Mar 2 05:08:43 CET 2007

Michael Choo wrote:
> I had to disable SPF for one of our customers as they had users
> travelling in europe and middle east and were forced to use the ISP's
> SMTP server.
> Anyone in Europe can verify or explain?
Michael,

Here in Canada, a number of ISPs (for example, Telus), including cable
and DSL, block outbound access on port 25. They do seem to allow
outbound access on port 587 though. Additionally, with some fancy
footwork with iptables, you can configure a port-forward from some
unused port to port 25 which we do as a backup just in case port 587
isn't available either.

Chris