clamav and mailscanner

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 19:35:53 CET 2007

On 01/03/07, Zivago Lee <z at ziff.net> wrote:
> > Well... After changing it again yesterday, did it "anti-magically"
> > return to 0700 during the night?
> > There are things you could try I suppose, like running a manual
> > freshclam (after changing the permissions) as root and see whether
> > that resets them (rather doubt that:-), and check through any cron
> > scripts that might be involved (the freshclam one would be the first
> > to read through:).
>
> Actually, yes it did.  I was just on the clamav-users list and here is an
> email from the Tomasz:
>
> ====
> On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 11:09:49 -0500
> Craig Green <cgreen at sentex.net> wrote:
>
> > The failure happens when the perms on the daily.inc directory
> > mysteriously become 700 and thus deny group reads.  Since the vast
>
> Thanks for the good report, the problem is now fixed in SVN.
>
> --
>    oo    .....         Tomasz Kojm <tkojm at clamav.net>
>   (\/)\.........         http://www.ClamAV.net/gpg/tkojm.gpg
>      \..........._         0DCA5A08407D5288279DB43454822DC8985A444B
>        //\   /\              Thu Mar  1 17:47:37 CET 2007
> ====
>
> I guess I will turn off the freshclam daemon for the timebeing and just
> manually do it everyday.
>
> Thanks,
> Zivago

Thanks for the update Zivago. As a stopgap you _could_ enhace the
autoupdate script to reset the perms, but that might be run as postfix
too... which might not work that well:-).
Or just gut it out till they produce an update. As it is rather big
change going to .90, I'd guess that we'll see a new one rather soner
than later (that always being the trend with any software version
X.0:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn