clamav and mailscanner

Zivago Lee z at ziff.net
Thu Mar 1 19:11:08 CET 2007

> Well... After changing it again yesterday, did it "anti-magically"
> return to 0700 during the night?
> There are things you could try I suppose, like running a manual
> freshclam (after changing the permissions) as root and see whether
> that resets them (rather doubt that:-), and check through any cron
> scripts that might be involved (the freshclam one would be the first
> to read through:).

Actually, yes it did.  I was just on the clamav-users list and here is an
email from the Tomasz:

====
On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 11:09:49 -0500
Craig Green <cgreen at sentex.net> wrote:

> The failure happens when the perms on the daily.inc directory
> mysteriously become 700 and thus deny group reads.  Since the vast

Thanks for the good report, the problem is now fixed in SVN.

--
   oo    .....         Tomasz Kojm <tkojm at clamav.net>
  (\/)\.........         http://www.ClamAV.net/gpg/tkojm.gpg

I guess I will turn off the freshclam daemon for the timebeing and just
manually do it everyday.

Thanks,
Zivago

--