MailScanner startup/Sendmail Config question

Martin.Hepworth martinh at solidstatelogic.com
Tue Jun 26 17:46:17 IST 2007

Brian

See the wiki for a couple of milters that will do the job of checking
for valid email addresses.

http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta
:sendmail:how_to:reject_non_existent_users

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Sendmail
> accepts mail and queues it in the inbound queue.  The second is the
queue
> runner which delivers all mail passed through by MailScanner to the
> outbound
> queue.
>
> My issue is, that the first Sendmail blindly accepts mail no matter
what
> the
> To: address says and queue's it.  It is not doing any non-account
> processing.   This isn't appropriate for a Gateway.  I need to bounce
> invalid users with the first Sendmail, so that it doesn't get piled up
in
> the outbound queue where the Mail Store machine rejects it during the
> delivery attempt by the outbound queue-runner.
>
> In other words, since my mail is not to be delivered locally on my
> MailScanner machines, how can I configure the first sendmail to reject
> based
> on invalid To: addresses?  Has this problem not been encountered
before?

> I should mention here that all our users are stored in LDAP.  The
Gateways
> and the Mail Store are LDAP aware, so that the machines know what is a
> valid
> user and what is not.  But we are not using LDAP for mail routing at
this
> time.
>
> Any information which anyone could share on this situation would be
> appreciated.
>
> And many thanks to Julien and everyone on this list for all the
effort.

> Bryan Guest

Red Lion 49 Ltd T/A Solid State Logic
(Company No:5362730)