Subject Filtering

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Jun 5 16:39:08 IST 2007

Steven Andrews spake the following on 6/4/2007 5:03 PM:
> Believe it or not, even though I love MS, the reason we're switching is
> because the customer thinks the Barracuda 300 is too damn loud (which it
> is) and the thing is up for renewal.  I tossed in a half baked dell 2400
> and it easily outperforms the barracuda, not to mention I don't have to
> deal with their screwing licensing.
>
> Long story short, they removed a year from a multi-year license from us
> and they won't admit their mistake and stupid me, I don't have the
> paperwork on the order anymore.

The reason I mentioned Fortress is that their "appliance" is perfect for
clients that don't want a staff person to have to maintain it. They can
contract with Fortress personnel for the maintenance, and not have to touch
it. But then again, if you maintain it, it gives you some billable hours.
I have thought about putting a couple in at our place, because the PHB's will
always find more work for me to do. I have started training a part-time admin
to cover for me on vacations, so I can enjoy a week off here and there without
the electronic leash still going off. She had no problem getting right into
Mailwatch and getting things done.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and