Beta release 4.61.1

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jun 4 13:11:23 IST 2007

Anthony Peacock wrote:
> Rick Cooper wrote:

I use a milter (a clone of milter-bcc) to multiply up the traffic and
have it delivered to a 'speed-testing' server using mailertable and a
fictitious domain name. The speed-testing server processes the mail
through MailScanner and then uses a very dumb sendmail setup to deliver
all mail to another host, whose sendmail setup bins all incoming mail.
That way I can load up the speed-testing server and keep the incoming
and outgoing SMTP traffic as real as possible. With an out-of-the-box
MailScanner setup (including SpamAssassin and a couple of virus
scanners) it can handle well over 2 million messages per day.

If I get a chance I will try to do some timings for you, but no promises.

Jules

- --
Julian Field MEng CITP

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM