query if mailscanner using clamscan

René Berber r.berber at computer.org
Sat Jul 28 22:27:00 IST 2007

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
[snip]
>>> How about adding some logic inside MailScanner to see which of these
>>> CLAMAV options are available and then choose to use only one?
>> I don't want to second-guess what clamav scanner you might want to use.
>
> Isn't using all of them as much second guessing? How does one call it if
> you do it thrice? tripple guessing?

There was no guessing on the first place, the user specified that he wanted to
use all 3, nothing to guess.

> Detecting that overlapping options are available should at least be
> noted. Wether it needs to be fixed automagically or lead to a halt
> untill fixed is negotiable.

There's no overlapping, each clam option is different: they need different
things installed and configured, even if those are subsets of the same complete
package.

> But just letting it go is not right in my view. Throwing in a warning
> about triplicity usage is a minimal change I suggest.
>
> (Yeah, I know. It is just one man with one opinion. I just happen to
> voice it rather loudly from time to time if I feel another view is not
> correct.)

Think before you shoot.
--
René Berber