query if mailscanner using clamscan

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sat Jul 28 19:56:57 IST 2007

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007, Julian Field wrote:

> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

>>> That means you are scanning each message 3 times with the same scanner!
>>> That's silly. Just set it to Virus Scanners = clamd. The MailScanner
>>> - --lint output confirms that your clamd settings are probably right, as
>>> it can talk to the daemon. So just set Virus Scanners = clamd and you'll
>>> be okay.
>>
>> How about adding some logic inside MailScanner to see which of these
>> CLAMAV options are available and then choose to use only one?
> I don't want to second-guess what clamav scanner you might want to use.

Isn't using all of them as much second guessing? How does one call it if
you do it thrice? tripple guessing?

Detecting that overlapping options are available should at least be noted.
Wether it needs to be fixed automagically or lead to a halt untill fixed
is negotiable.

But just letting it go is not right in my view. Throwing in a warning
about triplicity usage is a minimal change I suggest.

(Yeah, I know. It is just one man with one opinion. I just happen to voice
it rather loudly from time to time if I feel another view is not correct.)

Hugo.

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)