Request for comments

Alex Neuman alex at nkpanama.com
Thu Jul 19 22:56:39 IST 2007

Julian Field wrote:

> I am wondering if it would help if I added "Subject" to the list of
> things you could use in rulesets.
>
> Would it be useful?

Incredibly so. One of the major headaches for newbies consists of users
calling in and complaining about "so and so can't send me messages",
with no means for you to know even the slightest of details.

The ability to whitelist, for example, based on Subject or any other
particular header at the MailScanner level would allow some messages to
make it through in an emergency. The rule could then be changed so it
wouldn't be abused.