Postfix Address Verification

Rob Sterenborg R.Sterenborg at netsourcing.nl
Fri Jul 6 06:55:05 IST 2007

Seamus Allan wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> of course I have relay_domains setup, or my mail wouldn't be
>> transferring in the first place! I was hoping not to have to pull the
>> email list from the Hub machine, but it seems that my problem is
>> pretty weird.

Some email *would* be transferred and some *wouldn't* if your
relay_domains table is setup but isn't complete.
Since you're saying that email is not accepted for *some* domains
(posting on june 28: "However, the next morning I came in to discover
that some of the domains we host were not getting any email."), I'd say
it was a valid thought.

> Actually it occurred to me that this wouldn't work in full, because
> the mail for some of the domains that pass through the Gateway machine
> is destined for other mailservers in the world that I cannot pull the
> mailboxes from. So I do need to get the verification working
> correctly. I might have to try the Postfix forum or something.

I think that's a more appropriate place for this challenge, indeed. ;-)

Just a thought before going there: I didn't see much of your PF config
on this list apart from some snippets (that doesn't automagically mean
that I would be able to help you if you did post more of it). I can
understand that and it is your good right not to show it but it's hard
to support a config you don't fully know.
When going to the Postfix list, be prepared to explain what you've
already done and to post the (sanitized) output of postconf -n, maybe
other (sanitized) information. The problem may be completely something
else that we haven't thought of because the rest of the PF config is
unknown to us. Some PF guru on that list will most likely want to see it
to support you.

Grts,
Rob