Postfix Address Verification

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Fri Jul 6 11:22:16 IST 2007

On July 06, 2007 at 01:55AM Rob Sterenborg wrote:

> Just a thought before going there: I didn't see much of your PF config
> on this list apart from some snippets (that doesn't automagically mean
> that I would be able to help you if you did post more of it). I can
> understand that and it is your good right not to show it but it's hard
> to support a config you don't fully know.
> When going to the Postfix list, be prepared to explain what you've
> already done and to post the (sanitized) output of postconf -n, maybe
> other (sanitized) information. The problem may be completely something
> else that we haven't thought of because the rest of the PF config is
> unknown to us. Some PF guru on that list will most likely want to see it
> to support you.

From personal experience, if you post the 'sanitized' version of
"postconf -n' rather than the full output of that command, you leave
yourself open to abuse. If you do decide to obscure domain names, be
sure to do it consistently throughout the file. DO NOT obscure IP
addresses.

It would behoove you to post the complete output of:

1) postconf -n
2) Complete list of modifications to master.cf
3) Relevant mail log entries.

You may need to run Postfix in debug mode. Someone will inevitably
inform you of that detail if it needs to be done.

As a long time user of Postfix, I can attest to the assistance I have