{MailScanner: Spam} Re: Greetpause seems very ineffective (Was: RE: Increased Volumes Of Spam)

Res res at ausics.net
Mon Jan 22 08:37:47 CET 2007

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Res wrote:
>> but each to our own, clearly you dont give a stuff when your
>> customers get mail, which is your business entirely, so long as your
>> cusotmers are prepared to tolerate it, and accept that deliberate delaying
>> of their inbound mail is not the norm with every service providor and you
>> advise them of this prior to their application of your serices, you do warn
>> them you delay their mail dont you?
>
> you can also default it to off, and let customers enable it at their
> discretion.
>
> customer choice. what a concept, eh? but with you its obviously not a choice.

Its worked not having it rather nicely here...
why add to it with another waste of hardware to have a db server
specific for it, i'm not going to bog down our primary db servers so it
can do extra greylaming lookups, not when they process constantly 200-500
cps depending on time of day, not worth it.

--
Cheers
Res

"So, you think you can tell Heaven from Hell?" - Roger Waters