MailScanner vs Borderware

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Fri Jan 19 18:38:52 CET 2007

shuttlebox wrote:
> A colleague of mine who's responsible for quite a large MS
> installation processing mail for a number of our largest clients is
> considering switching to Borderware instead. I have built his
> installation and take care of all the more complex work but he's fed
> up with tinkering with rulesets (typically white/blacklists) for end
> users.
>
> I know that many of you will recommend him to use MailWatch for
> simplicity but he wants to move configuration to the end users
> themselves and apparently BW offers that.
>
> 1. Does anyone here know pros and cons of BW appliances besides what
> you can find out by visiting their web site? I have read their
> material from there.
> 2. Is there (web) frontends aimed at the end users available for MS?
> Is DefenderMX the answer?
>
> I want more MS, not less so I want to provide what he thinks MS lacks
> in comparison to the commercial alternatives (who tend to focus on
> nice GUI:s).

We have just about rewritten MailWatch to suit our specific needs. The
version we push up to our clients next month is pretty much a total
rewrite other than the MS Custom Functions and XML-RPC that MailWatch
ships with.

If you or someone you know has a respectable amount of PHP skill,
MailWatch can be customized quite a bit. It is certainly worth looking
into. If not, I understand Defender is quite nice.

DAve

Veterans?