MailScanner vs Borderware

Dennis Willson taz at taz-mania.com
Fri Jan 19 19:05:53 CET 2007

MailWatch does already allow individual users to control their white
and black lists. If you use the latest version Steve has included the
change I made that allows users to set their own Spam score
thresholds.

The MailWatch code is organized fairly well and therefore is pretty
easy to modify.

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:21:37 +0100
  shuttlebox <shuttlebox at gmail.com> wrote:
>A colleague of mine who's responsible for quite a large MS
>installation processing mail for a number of our largest clients is
>considering switching to Borderware instead. I have built his
>installation and take care of all the more complex work but he's fed
>up with tinkering with rulesets (typically white/blacklists) for end
>users.
>
>I know that many of you will recommend him to use MailWatch for
>simplicity but he wants to move configuration to the end users
>themselves and apparently BW offers that.
>
>1. Does anyone here know pros and cons of BW appliances besides what
>you can find out by visiting their web site? I have read their
>material from there.
>2. Is there (web) frontends aimed at the end users available for MS?
>Is DefenderMX the answer?
>
>I want more MS, not less so I want to provide what he thinks MS lacks
>in comparison to the commercial alternatives (who tend to focus on
>nice GUI:s).
>
>--
>/peter
>--
>
>Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting

Dennis Willson

taz at taz-mania.com
http://www.taz-mania.com

Ham (Extra Class): KA6LSW
GMRS : WQGF680
Scuba: Rescue Diver, EANx, Wreck, Night, Alt,
Equip, UW Photographer, Gas Blender

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"