MS additional header line

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Jan 18 21:31:15 CET 2007

Vasiliy Boulytchev spake the following on 1/18/2007 12:12 PM:
> Well,
>    I really dont know what the MTA has to do with the MS Message id ,
> which is assigned by MailScanner, and passed on to the MySQL tables in
> Mailwatch... which in turn is tracked by Mailwatch php web interface...

AFAIR the msg id is generated by the MTA when the message is received. With
sendmail, mailscanner just uses it, and with postfix I believe mailscanner
adds some randomness to it because postfix can reuse an id. Whoever wrote the
patches to mailscanner and mailwatch to work with Communigate missed this, or
implemented it differently. You might be able to write a custom function to
add a header with the id in it.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and