MS additional header line

Dennis Willson taz at taz-mania.com
Fri Jan 19 00:52:42 CET 2007

MailWatch.pm gets that 'id' from MailScanner. It's not generated by
MailWatch, just recorded (I looked at the MailWatch.pm code. I'm not
sure where MailScanner gets it. I assume the MTA, but I'm not sure. I
see the id he's referreing to... in the MailWatch database. This is
the same ID that is used to release quarantined Spam and Virus. So
MailScanner can relate that ID to a message.

I believe he wants to be able to look at an emails headers and then go
to the 'jump to message' and enter the ID and go to the details and do
what ever he needs.

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:31:15 -0800
  Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
>Vasiliy Boulytchev spake the following on 1/18/2007 12:12 PM:
>> Well,
>>    I really dont know what the MTA has to do with the MS Message id
>>,
>> which is assigned by MailScanner, and passed on to the MySQL tables
>>in
>> Mailwatch... which in turn is tracked by Mailwatch php web
>>interface...
>>
>AFAIR the msg id is generated by the MTA when the message is
>received. With
>sendmail, mailscanner just uses it, and with postfix I believe
>mailscanner
>adds some randomness to it because postfix can reuse an id. Whoever
>wrote the
>patches to mailscanner and mailwatch to work with Communigate missed
>this, or
>implemented it differently. You might be able to write a custom
>function to
>add a header with the id in it.
>
>--
>
>MailScanner is like deodorant...
>You hope everybody uses it, and
>you notice quickly if they don't!!!!
>
>--
>
>Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting

Dennis Willson

taz at taz-mania.com
http://www.taz-mania.com

Ham (Extra Class): KA6LSW
GMRS : WQGF680
Scuba: Rescue Diver, EANx, Wreck, Night, Alt,
Equip, UW Photographer, Gas Blender

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"