What happens when you archive...

Peter Nitschke email at ace.net.au
Sat Feb 24 16:14:47 CET 2007

On 23/02/2007 at 2:47 PM Kevin Miller wrote:

>Right now I deep six all high scoring spam, quarantine regular spam for
>30 days and forward ham to our Exchange server.  I got to thinking, it
>would be cheap insurance to archive the ham for a couple weeks, in the
>odd event that the exchange server goes belly up in the middle of the
>night, after the backup has finished.  Some mail would be lost, but if
>it's archived on the MailScanner box it would be safely there for me to
>just resend when the internal mail server is restored.
>
>I only want to archive the ham.  The spam already is by virtue of the
>quarantine, and the high scoring spam is toast regardless.  If I just
>set:
>  Archive Mail = /var/spool/MailScanner/archive
>will that do it, or will I need to create a ruleset to only save the
>ham?
>
>Have a great weekend...
>
>...Kevin

I use qf/df files, so just setting:

Non Spam Actions = store deliver

Means that ham gets quarantined as well (into a seperate folder), so I
could dump them back into the system any time I liked.

You would need to adjust your clean-quarantine script if you wanted them
kept for a different time to your spam quarantine.

Peter