LookOUT 2007

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 10:17:04 CET 2007

On 20/02/07, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> Glenn Steen spake the following on 2/19/2007 1:19 PM:
> > On 19/02/07, Gerard Seibert <gerard at seibercom.net> wrote:
> >> On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:33:40 -0800
> > (snip)
> >> bad grammar are now or former AOL'ers or Googlers. They just cannot
> > Please define "Googlers". I'm sure I don't quite get this term. AOL
> > users, shortened (IMO wrongly) to AOL'ers, sure... But "Googlers"?
> > Perhaps it's something I miss as being non-native to the English
> > languge?
> >
> >> grok normal grammar and spelling skills. It has got to make you proud
> >> of our great learning institutions.
> > I'm sure that "grok" is part and parcel of any modern dictionary too
> > (feel free to find me some nice reference;-).
> >
> > Cheers
> Glenn,
> I would have to say that you are more capable and articulate in English than
> many of the people I went to school here with!
Thank you. I do make an effort;). This is in part why I'd like the
term "Googlers" explained (As you know, this is not the first time I'm
asking about ... slang... on this list.:-)

> I wish I could be so with a second language. Other than the small amount of
> Portuguese I picked up as a child, I am monolingual.
> I am only slightly functional in understanding Spanish also, but can not speak
> any.
Well ... Around here we're "forced" to learn English (and Swedish, of
course:), and usually a third and maybe a forth language too... My
French is abominable though (mainly from lack of use:-). I should've
gone with German or Spanish:-).
Anyway, all you really need is to know how to order a beer;).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn