LookOUT 2007

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 23:39:56 CET 2007

On 20/02/07, Ken A <ka at pacific.net> wrote:

> Glenn Steen wrote:

> >> Holy crap, you mean your first language is Swedish Chef?!
> > Bork-bork.:-)
> > Search the archives you'll find that a lot of the Americans on this
> > list, and quite a few Brits as well, has had their little fun about
> > this before (search for Bork, and you shall find;).
> > I pity the guy... Imagine being lured to another country, where you
> > don't ahave even a remote clue as to how to speak the local lingo, to
> > cook on a show on national TV... and discover that the "show" is just
> > you and the camera... I can well imagine him starting to mumble as he
> > went about cooking. The his mumbling doesn't resemble Swedish even in
> > any remote way is probably due to the very broad dialect he was
> > speaking:-).
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Chef
Yes Ken, I'm quite aware of that:). Note the first sentence "A parody
of televised cooking shows,..." ... What I'm talking about above is
the actual guy the initial parody was based on. It was on some kind of
non-commercial/public channel... Whatever that might mean in the
US:-).

> uh oh.. O.T. material causing swapping now..
Most definitely... Stories seems the subject matter swapped though, so
no harm done:-P

Cheers
--
-- Glenn